James Kenneth Ford, M.D., FACC, FACP, FSCAI,
Name: James Kenneth Ford, M.D.
Born: 1959, Louisville, KY
Family: Married, three children
- Internal Medicine 1990-2000 (Recertified 2000-2010)
- Cardiovascular Medicine 1993-2003 (Recertified 2003-2013)
- Comprehensive Echocardiography (2D, Stress, and Transesophageal) 1997-2007 (Recertified 2007-2017)
- Interventional Cardiology 1999-2009 (Recertified 2009-2019)
- The Heart Group, Paducah, KY
- Director: Cardiac Cath Lab and Echo
Lab 1994 to present, Western Baptist
- Journal Reviewer, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
- Western Baptist Hospital, 1993 to Present
- Chief of Staff, Western Baptist Hospital, 2004-2005
- Chairman, Credentials Committee 2000-2001. Western Baptist Hospital
- Member of Credentials Committee 1998 to 2001. Western Baptist Hospital
- Medical Records Committee 1997-1998 Lourdes Hospital
- Medical Records Physician Staff Liaison 1997 Western Baptist Hospital
Hospital Invasive Privileges:
- Coronary Angioplasty/Stenting
- Rotational, Extraction and Excimer Laser Atherectomy
- Intravascular and Intracardiac Ultrasound
- Permanent Pacemakers and
- Peripheral Angioplasty/Stenting
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Percutaneous Closure of Patent Foremen Ovale and Atrial
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the American Society of
- American Medical Association
- Kentucky Medical Association
- McCracken County Medical Society
- Jackson Purchase Cardiovascular Society (President 1999-2001)
- Cardiology 7/90-6/93 University of Illinois at Chicago
- Chief Cardiology Fellow 1992-93
- Internal Medicine 7/87-6/90
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital (Wake Forest Medical Center, Bowman Gray School of Medicine) Winston-Salem, NC
- University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 8/83 - 5/87
- Honors in Biochemistry and Epidemiology
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- B.A. Chemistry, 1982
- B.S. Anthropology, 1983
Marshall County High School, Benton, KY
1. Kerensky RA, Mumma M, Ford JK, Applegate RJ, Kutcher MD, Little WC. Myocardial Infarction Late after Successful Angioplasty:
Location of the Culprit Lesion. Clinical Research, 1990; 38:16A.
2. Ford JK and Benton SL. Clinical Uses of Thallium - 201 Scintigraphy. Cardiology Board Review, 1991;8:18-24.
3. Nootens M, Ford K, Devries S. Utility of Contrast Echocardiography in the Evaluation of a Suspected Right Atrial Mass. American
Journal of Cardiology, 1992;69:833-4.
4. Ford JK. Echocardiography Quantification of Valvular Regurgitation. Abstract presented at the Dupage County Chapter of the AHA
meeting, May 1992 and Chicago ACC meeting, Sept. 1992.
5. Ford JK, Levy PS, Devries SR. Quantification of Valvular Regurgitation with Color and Spectral Doppler Echocardiography. J Am
Soc Echocardiogr 1993;6:S28. Abstract presented at the American Society of Echocardiography, Apr. 1993.
6. Berarducci L, Ford J, Olenik S, Devries S. Invasive Intracardiac Aspergillosis with Widespread Embolization. J Am Soc Echocardiogr
7. Ford J, McElroy B, Withrow P, Gwinn J, Roberts L. Value of Albunex During Dobutamine-Atropine Stress Echocardiography. Abstract
presented at the 11th Annual Symposium on Advances in Echocardiography: Contrast Echocardiography and Perfusion Imaging. Oct 22, 1996.
8. Esente P, Kaplan A, Ford K, Martin J, Ayers M, Kosinski E, Lasorda D, Graham M, Gallant P, Grines L, Grines C.
Multicenter Study of the Feasibility and Safety of Local Intramural Heparin Delivery during Primary Angioplasty for Acute Myocardial
Infarction: In-hospital, 30 Day and 6-Month Results of the Local PAMI Pilot Trial.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular
9. Ford, J. Kenneth, Groin Complications Associated with Collagen Plug Closure of Femoral Arterial Puncture Sites in Anticoagulated
Patients. Letter to the Editor. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. July 1998;44:365.
10. Ford K, McElroy B, Withrow P, Gwinn J, Roberts L. Same-Day Angiography with Vasoseal Vascular Hemostatic Device (VHD): A
Retrospective Study. Journal of Vascular and
Interventional Radiology SCVIR 99 Supplement
Part 2, 1999;10:303
11. Ford K, Rubinstein R, Sublett K, and Adiraju R. Safety of Early Femoral Artery Repuncture After Use of Vasoseal Vascular Hemostatic
Device (VHD). TCT Abstract Supplement Oct.
1998, p. 1095
12. Ford, K. Utility of Contrast Echo
During Acute Myocardial Infarction.
Presented at the 13th Annual Symposium on
Advances in Echocardiography: Contrast
Echocardiography and Perfusion Imaging. Sept
17, 1998. Chicago, IL.
13. Ford K, Kendrick M. Prognostic
Significance of Contrast Stress
Echocardiography in Women. Presented at the
14th Annual Symposium on Advances in
Echocardiography: Contrast Echocardiography
and Perfusion Imaging. Sept 18, 1999.
14. Ford K, Ross C, Shiben R. Real Time
Contrast Assisted Renal Duplex and Perfusion
Imaging. Catheterization and Cardiovascular
Interventions. May 2002; 56:125. Abstract
presented at the 16th Annual Symposium on
Advances in Echocardiography: Contrast
Echocardiography and Perfusion Imaging. Oct
26, 2001. Chicago, IL.
15. Efficacy and Safety of Tenecteplase
in Combination with Enoxaprin, Abciximab, or
Unfractionated Heparin: the Assent-3
Randomised Trail in Acute Myocardial
Infarction. The Assessment of the Safety and
Efficacy of a New Thrombolytic Regimen
(ASSENT)-3 Investigators. The Lancet
16. Ford K. and Withrow P. Should Distal Protection Devices
Be Used Routinely During Renal Stenting?
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. May 2005;
65:142. Abstract presented at the Society for Cardiovascular
Angiography and Interventions 28th Annual Scientific Sessions
2005. Jacksonville, Florida.
17. Ford K, McElroy B, Gwinn J, and Garneau R. A Comparison
of Contrast Stress Echo and Stress Sestamibi
in Women. Journal of the American Society
of Echocardiography. 2005:18:505. Abstract
presented at the Sixteenth Annual Scientific
Sessions, American Society of Echocardiography 2005. Boston,
Heath Care Excel Cardiovascular Project Consulting Cardiologist
Principal Investigator for the PAMI 3 Local Med
Delivery Trial 10/95 - 12/96
Principal Investigator for the PAMI 3 Heparin Coated Stent Trial
12/96 - 1/99
Principal Investigator for Echogen Contrast Echo Trial 2/97 - 10/98
Principal Investigator for Excite (Oral 2B3A Receptor Inhibitor) Trial 12/97 - 2/99
Principal Investigator for Imagent Contrast Echo Trial 9/98 - 3/99
Primary Investigator for Mallinkrodt Contrast Echo Pilot Study
Principal Investigator for NIH Sponsored Magnesium IN Acute MI Trial 11/98 - 11/00
Principal Investigator for Persurge SVG Distal Protection Trial
Principal Investigator for LARS 12/99 - 11/01
Principal Investigator for SAFE Pacemaker/Afib Trial 11/01 - 11/02
Principal Investigator for Alliance Contrast Echo Trial
Principal Investigator for Assent 3 Trial (TMK Thrombolytic Trial) 8/00 - 4/01
Primary Investigator for the Optison Renal Contrast Perfusion Pilot Study 11/00 - 9/01
Principal Investigator for the Filter Wire SVG Distal Protection Trial
Primary Investigator for the Definity Renal
Contrast Perfusion Study 5/02 - 8/04
Primary Investigator for the Stress Sestamibi vs Definity Echo Contrast in Women Trial
Principle Investigator for the ACDC Vascular Closure Device Trail